Date of Issue: 8th January 2013For Immediate Release
Revamped agenda unveiled for ProcureCon Indirect 2013 meeting
ProcureCon Indirect, Europe’s premier indirect procurement conference, returns to London on 16th – 18th April, promising three days of networking, benchmarking and debate among 300+ of Europe’s leading indirect procurement leaders.
Building on the success of last year’s indirect sourcing meeting, the ProcureCon Indirect team have put together an entirely revamped agenda, focusing only on the critical issues affecting CPOs and senior indirect procurement professionals.
Confirmed Procurement Speakers include:
• Gabháin Neary, Supplier Sourcing Leader EMEA and LATAM, Google
• Marcel van Berkel, Head of Consultancy, Shell
• Jonathan Sutherland, Head of Procurement, RBS
• Dietmar Harteveld, Director Indirect Material North West Europe, Siemens
• Fabien Krawczyk, Purchasing Director, Le Group La Poste
• Jean-Luc Charlier, Global Commodity Cluster Leader, Philips Group Purchasing
• Chris Bullock, Procurement Director, Unilever
• Gareth Hughes, Head of Procurement, Legal & General
• Jim Hemmington, Head of Procurement, BBC
• Eric Danjoux-Dichamp, VP Global Indirect Purchasing, Firminich
• Nick Jenkinson, Head of Procurement, Daily Mail & General Trust
• Andrew Smith, Head of Indirect, Royal Mail
• Matthias Manegold, Director, Global Strategic Procurement, Barcardi
• Jerome Dutrey, Group Purchasing Director, Indirect, BDR Thermea
• Mark Hickman, European Indirect Commodity Management Lead, Alcoa
• Frederique Rammeloo, Procurement Director, ASOS
• Francesco Donatelli, Chief Procurement Officer, UniCredit
• Mikkel Larsen, Procurement, Rolls Royce
• Jamie Foster, Procurement Director, Hitachi Rail
• Paul Alexander, Director, Indirect, BP
And many more – see www.procurecon-indirect for the full list
Each speaker has been specially chosen to speak on a topic relevant to the indirect sourcing projects they’re currently working on. Gabháin Neary, Supplier Sourcing Leader EMEA and LATAM at Google described his current challenges in a recent interview with ProcureCon:
What is your role within the Google procurement team?
My specific role is to manage the team in EMEA and LATAM, which is a total team of
6 Googlers (myself included) managing a spend portfolio of around $3billion USD out
of $10billion USD globally. We spend billions of dollars with suppliers every year on
hardware, software, professional services, build and manage facilities around the world,
use various technology services, marketing services and provide benefits for our staff.
Our Supplier Sourcing team ensures we have strong and creative relationships with
internal stakeholders and the right suppliers, so that Google can get the best value and
continue to invest in its great new products and customer relationships.
In what ways do you feel the indirect procurement function is evolving?
In our case it is really more about business partnering and understanding the business
first and bringing a procurement acumen second. If we don’t know what we are buying
and why its important to the business its hard to add a lot of value. For a company
like Google that means we have to balance the mega project spend with the quirky
one offs that can turn into the next mega project. We also operate in a non mandated
environment so we need to be out there in the business and actively selling our role and
then allocating projects to the team as necessary.
What is the biggest challenge you’re facing at the moment?
Getting our resourcing model on the Supplier Sourcing team to scale as Google
continues to grow - we are already heavily outsourced on our operations front, like
invoice payment and expense reporting.
What is the ideal solution to that challenge?
The ongoing solution is to cleverly partner with the business and understand how we are
going to achieve our combined targets, for the business that is usually a quick to market
solution but for us it is getting the right supply agreements in place to support us today
and longer term as well when necessary.
What do you hope to learn/achieve at Procurecon Indirect 2013?
Meet some great like minded people and hear what challenges people are facing and
what their innovative plans are to over come these over the next couple years.
Please visit www.procurecon-indirect to view the 2013 agenda, as well as extended interviews with the keynote speakers.
Notes to editors
1. For more information about ProcureCon Indirect 2013 and to request the conference brochure, please email email@example.com
2. All media partnership enquiries and requests for press passes should be directed to Simon Anderson, Marketing Director for the ProcureCon portfolio: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. ProcureCon Indirect 2013 is part of the ProcureCon portfolio, which has been producing high calibre events for Europe’s procurement leaders since 1997.
4. ProcureCon is part of Worldwide Business Research, one of the world’s leading sources of strategic business intelligence and part of the PLS group. For more information about Worldwide Business Research, visit www.wbresearch.com